Advances in technology have permeated nearly every aspect of modern day life and have significantly increased the efficiency of today’s best HVAC products.
The ability to program and adjust your air conditioner, boiler, water heater and more from a distance directly through your smart phone can increase the comfort level within your home while adjustable motor speeds take operating efficiency to the next level.
This increased efficiency translates into a smaller carbon footprint and significant cost savings which will often pay for your new high tech HVAC unit within the first few years after purchase. Here we present our review of the very best HVAC products for 2017.
Hybrid Water Heaters
Hybrid water heaters such as the Professional Prestige® Hybrid Electric model are designed to operate in an energy saving heat pump mode as much as possible while still providing an impressive output of hot water by maintaining a back up standard electric heating connection.
The Prestige model offers the following benefits:
- Delivers a larger volume of hot water more quickly than similar sized fully electric models and can be programmed to function in energy saving, high output, or even vacation mode.
- Easy to adjust units which feature LCD screens and WiFi compatible computerized sensors which allow you to communicate with your water heater through your smart phone from any location.
- The availability of three different sizes ranging from a 50 to 80 gallon capacity to meet the needs of every household.
- The best warranty in their class with tanks and associated parts being covered by the manufacturer for a full 12 years.
- Efficiency levels that are so much higher than traditional electric models that they typically pay for your new unit through energy savings in as little as two years.
Homeowners can expect to save as much as $4000 over their hybrid water heater’s lifetime.
Air Conditioners Which Utilize Inverter Technology
Some of today’s best air conditioners, including Rheem’s Prestige™ Series Variable-Speed Air Conditioners, utilize inverter technology to increase indoor comfort and decrease energy usage within your home.
Homeowners interested in upgrading to one of these units will enjoy the following:
- Variable motor speeds which continuously adjust to maintain a greater level of comfort and efficiency when compared to standard single stage A/C units. In much the manner as your vehicle which operates in different gears at different speeds, inverter technology adjusts the motor speed to ideally meet the cooling needs within your home moment to moment.
- Greater humidity control and enhanced indoor air quality due to reduced on and off cycling which maintains a more consistent rate of air flow.
- An overdrive feature that allows the interior of your home to remain comfortable even when outdoor temperatures are as high as 107 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Compressors which are long lasting, durable, and utilize 70 percent fewer moving parts than standard models. Fewer moving parts allow for quieter operation and better airflow which leads to greater efficiency.
- A full ten year warranty on parts and a conditional ten year warranty on the main compressor unit.
- Efficiency ratings as high as 20 SEER and 13 EER. This translates into an average of $3270 in lifetime savings and eliminates the need to fiddle with your thermostat – just let the inverter technology adjust the motor automatically for the most efficient operation possible.
Modulating ECM Boiler Pumps
Stainless steel heat exchange units such as the Prestige Trimax Solo models provide homeowners one of the most energy efficient means of heating the air and water within their homes. Enjoy the following advantages when you choose to upgrade:
- ASME certified and Energy Star listed units which operate in either natural gas or propane modes.
- Easy to install and space saving wall mountable units.
- Modulating technology which adjusts the speed of the motor to provide an improved level of comfort within your home. ECM, or electronically commutated motors, can alter the firing rate of the boiler down to as little as 25 percent of full capacity, reducing the number of on/off cycles and saving you money on your heating bills.
- Digital control panels that allow you to adjust and control up to four circulators. Create different temperature zones within areas of your home and/or use your boiler to generate ample hot water for your entire family through an easy to program home screen.
- Efficiency ratings as high as 95% AFUE along with quiet operation and a greater water volume when compared to other units in the same class.
NTI Modulating Boilers
NTI manufactures top of the line of modulating boilers and is recognized as one of the industry’s most innovative producers of hydronic heating units. These boilers can save you money and increase indoor comfort with the following advantages:
- An average fuel consumption that is 40 percent lower than conventional furnaces. In addition to greater efficiency, NTI boilers create more comfortable indoor conditions by eliminating cold pockets and blowing air.
- A full line of residential products capable of heating both the interior of your home and water for your family. Fuel source options include propane, natural gas and wood and units vary in size to accommodate every home.
- Units which are floor or wall mountable and provide efficiency ratings as high as 97% AFUE.
- Modulating technology which adjusts the motor speed to provide more continuous operation of your boiler unit. Fewer on/off cycles translates into significant energy savings, particularly when your boiler is used to heat both indoor air and domestic hot water.
A Selection of the Best HVAC Products Along With Professional Technicians
When it comes to obtaining the best results from a new piece of HVAC equipment, working with knowledgeable, professional technicians is just as important as purchasing top of the line products. HVAC professionals must be properly trained in order to install your new unit exactly as recommended by the manufacturer and should be available to answer any questions you may have and provide maintenance services as needed.
At JC Heating & Cooling, you can rest easy knowing you are working with one of the most trusted HVAC companies in the Chicago area. We stock some of the best HVAC products on today’s market and are available for 24/7 emergency service calls for those unexpected events.