Get in Touch
My family and I bought this beautiful old home that was built in 1922, and we completely remodeled it. So we had a lot of questions about how to integrate the old section of the home and the new section of the home. And from the design phase to the installation, and the follow up, Jerry and JC Comfort were phenomenal. I couldn’t imagine doing the project without them!
Incredible service! I have had J.C. Heating take care of my HVAC needs since 2002 and they have been great, responsive, reasonably priced and technically very good.
Amazing job! We used JC Heating and cooling to install a radiant heating system/boiler for our basement and garage. We also hired them to service our existing furnace and a/c unit. The team was professional and courteous during the boiler installation and everything exceeded our expectations. The estimate was fair and the work was quickly completed to our satisfaction. I would highly recommend JC Heating and Cooling for anything Heating/Cooling related for your home.
#1 for AC Repair Services in Downers Grove, IL With Over 100 5-Star Reviews
Don’t despair! Call JC Heating & Cooling for fast air conditioning repair!
A room’s air conditioner can mean the difference between extreme boiling heat and a comfortable and cold indoor climate. When your AC isn’t working as expected, you may require AC servicing in Downers Grove. The responsible JC Heating & Cooling crew has worked with many AC units for years, serving the kind Downers Grove community.
An AC system is an investment you trust will last for many summers and that helps keep you cool when the heat is unbearable. Unexpected problems can be stressful and bothersome, especially if you don’t know how to resolve them promptly. JC Heating & Cooling is just a phone call away!
Common Problems with Your Air Conditioning
It is beneficial to look out for these common problems your cooling systems might face such as:
How To Maintain Your AC Unit
- Make it a part of your monthly routine to replace your air filters. It helps prevent clogging and problems associated with a backed-up air filter. They are relatively cheap.
- A lack of coolant is one of the main reasons your cooling system will freeze up. You can be proactive and prevent it. Keep extra coolant in your home so you can be ready when it starts to run low.
- Perform regular maintenance on your AC unit to address problems before they get worse. An easy fix today can become a dire problem months later if not immediately fixed. Call a pro.
FAQs Regarding Air Conditioning Repair
JC Heating & Cooling has applied extensive knowledge about air conditioning and HVAC systems while servicing many clients. Therefore, we have the answers to common questions you might be asking.
A general rule of thumb is if your AC repairs cost as much as (or more) than what you would pay for a unit, it is time to get a new one. AC repair vs. replacement can depend on many factors, including the release year, model, previous problems with the unit, leaks, energy costs, and more. The best way to know if your AC is beyond repair is to call a professional AC repair company near you.
After changing the batteries and adjusting the thermostat, your AC unit still isn’t working. Now what? Well, if the cooling system only blows warm air, you need immediate assistance from a contractor.
It is sometimes a good idea to cover your air conditioning system, but not always. Keeping a covering over it during the winter can trap rain or snow on the unit, allowing it to get in and for rust and corrosion to cause damage. A light cover can prevent leaves, debris, and pine needles from damaging it.
When you receive maintenance or repair, ask your AC technician what they recommend.
Yes. It is critical to keep your machine in good shape. This is typically taken care of during a routine annual appointment. The technician often includes it in their process because clean coils allow the AC to work without hindrance.
Clean your AC unit’s coils at least once a year and keep an eye on its condition over time.
The U.S. Department of Energy states that the average air conditioning system lasts between 10 and 15 years. Longevity may depend on the make and model of the cooling unit and who installs it. It does require regular maintenance and careful attention to keep it in the best state possible.
Some units can last even longer, but if you constantly spend money to fix them, it might be time to call it quits. You throw your money away by investing more than 30% of a unit’s price into your current one. At that point, it is better to purchase a new cooling system that won’t break down fast.
AC Repair at Home - What Can You Do?
There are some problems your AC has that you can deal with at home. If you know what to look for, you might be able to resolve a future issue your AC experiences yourself. Before you call our team of professionals for help, you should take the following steps to check your air conditioning system:
- Inspect Your Air Filter – Sometimes, the problem with your AC is as simple as a clogged filter. Regularly clean out the buildup and see if you still have any problems. If issues with your unit persist, you know the filter is not to blame.
- Inspect Your Thermostat – Your thermostat could be on the wrong settings or set to the incorrect temperature. Check if this is the case. If not, this is not the issue you have.
- Inspect Your Outdoor AC – Go outside and look at your outdoor cooling system.
How to Find the Best AC Repair Service in Hodgkin, IL
You cannot hire just anyone to repair your cooling system because it is a gamble with your health and wellbeing. You need assurance your property will be at the proper temperature and that your air conditioning will help you cool off when you need it most. So, how do you find an AC repair company?
- Ask around your local community – One of the best ways to gauge whether or not your town or city has good contractors is to ask your family and friends. They can explain their experiences. It is helpful, especially if they have had the services you require performed.
- Ask for a license number and insurance – A top-rated business should present their license number and insurance without any problem. If a company avoids answering the question or gives a vague response to these questions, you should continue your contractor research.
- Do your research for nearby companies – With more information at our fingertips than ever, it has never been easier to browse for a contractor. You can find a dependable business for your specific town or county, but it is up to you to determine if they are the real deal or not.
- Go with your instinct – If a company promises something too good to be true, it likely is. Reviews that appear written by bots or a lack of an online presence are red flags for a business. Yelp, Facebook, or Google reviews combined can help you get to know their service quality.
- Obtain a recorded estimate from multiple businesses – Most companies provide a free quote or estimate when you call them. You can receive these from more than one business, compare their online presence, and decide which seems the best.
- Read online reviews from trustworthy sources – Any established business will have positive reviews that are easily accessible. A local company with a good reputation will want to showcase that and make it known that you can contact them for reliable services. Read multiple reviews and see what past customers say to get a feel for the company.
Air Conditioning Repair Services
You may not know how to distinguish whether the answer to your AC problem is an at-home fix or if you need a professional. JC Heating & Cooling is a licensed, insured, and trusted business that guarantees exceptional service. You should give us a call for air conditioning repair if you notice:
- Suspicious sounds coming from the unit
- Musty odors wafting through the vents
- Hot air instead of cold blowing out
- Extremely dusty/dirty air filters
- Quick or irregular cycling
- Expensive and abnormal energy bills
We have worked with multiple AC unit models, makes, and manufacturers to know how to help you.
AC Repair Near Me - JC Heating & Cooling, Inc.
JC Heating & Cooling has served Downers Grove, Illinois, for many years, and satisfied local clients have left over 200 5-star reviews for our business. Your most trusted air conditioning service company in Downers Grove is ready to repair your AC unit and prepare you for the hot summer months ahead.
We are the best Midwest air conditioning repair business that proudly suggests “Google My Business!” Our company offers a service guarantee; that is how certain we are that you will be satisfied.
Call our trusted team now at 708-968-3131 for an air conditioning repair consultation!